Why support us?
All Saints’ Church has been at the heart of Banstead for over 800 years, a place of worship serving the community. But our Grade II* listed building and the churchyard, lovely as they are, are costly to maintain and easily taken for granted. Everyone is welcome to come in, whether you come to a service, or to sit and think, or to look at our fascinating windows and memorials. Our clergy, lay ministers and volunteer workers are involved in many ways of supporting the people of our community.
The church and its clergy receive no funding from the government. Yet it costs about £3800 every week (nearly £200,000 per year) to help meet the costs of clergy; of running, maintaining and restoring the church; of supporting its life and ministry; and the costs of keeping pace with our community’s changing needs. For everything we are dependent on the generosity of individuals.
Whether you value our lovely church as a centre of Christian worship, or for its place in Banstead’s history and landscape, or simply as a place to visit or rest, you can help secure its future. We now have an online giving facility – DONATE NOW
How can I help?
- Monthly standing orders are easy to set up and a reliable way to give regularly. Contact Michael Dunford via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Parish Office (01737 379289) for details of how to do this. Michael can also advise on Gift Aid (see below).
- The ‘envelope scheme’ is for people who regularly attend services. Every year they receive a box of envelopes, one for each week, which they fill and put in the collections taken at services. It is best to speak to Michael Dunford (see above) if you’d like to join this scheme.
- ‘One-off’ donations are always welcome too. Cheques can be made payable to ‘Banstead PCC All Saints’. For donations by BACS or ‘Faster Payment’ contact email@example.com. For small amounts you can give by text message to 70085 – text ASBANSTEAD 5 to 70085 to give £5, or ASBANSTEAD 10 to give £10, or similarly any whole amount up to £20.
- All these forms of giving may be eligible for Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer. With Gift Aid the value of your gift is increased by 25p in each £ given. Download a Gift Aid declaration form – Gift Aid declaration.
- Legacies are a way for you to give into the future, and help to sustain All Saints’ in the years to come. Since All Saints is a registered charity a gift in your will also reduces inheritance tax on your estate. Our policy is to use these gifts for significant improvement projects – see our Legacy Policy. More information on legacies can be found here – Legacy FAQs.