It comes every year – the Christmas advertising and hype, the flurry of thought about cards and presents and food and travel…. but sometimes we just need to draw breath, step back and move into a different dimension of experience. A dimension where we can simply be still, and remember the night that heaven touched earth. Then we need to join in the tried and trusted ways to find the heart of Christmas. Our services at All Saints’ Church draw on centuries of experience but develop new ways to speak to today’s people. And everybody is welcome to come and see for themselves.
Do join us at All Saints’ for any of our special services at this time:
- Sunday 1st December at 3.00pm: Christmas Sunday T Time is for young families, a time of worship, music, crafts and stories. This year we’re including Christingles, oranges stuck with fruits and candles and ribbon. What do they mean? Come and find out!
- Sunday 1st December at 6.30pm: The Advent Carol Service is a candlelit service of readings and music to put us in tune for a time of preparation;
- Sunday 15th December at 6.30pm: The Christmas Carol Service is a lovely candlelit traditional service of readings and carols;
- Tuesday 24th December at 4.00pm: The ever-popular Crib Service is particularly suitable for children, re-telling the Nativity story with drama and song;
- Tuesday 24th December at 11.00pm: The traditional Midnight Mass, serious yet full of joy, assisted by the choir;
- Wednesday 25th December at 9.30am: Christmas Day worship, a sung service of celebration with Communion.
All our usual services continue too. You are welcome to any and all events.